Time Life releases THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: TREASURES FROM THE VAULT

Carol BurnettOn January 30, the Screen Actors Guild presented Carol Burnett with a prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for her six decades on screen, including her groundbreaking namesake variety show which ran from 1967 through 1978. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, who presented the legendary comedian with the honors, credited Burnett with helping to raise them.  In fact, Poehler said while their moms taught them 90 percent of what they needed to know—“the other 10 percent was Carol.”

During the late-’60s, CBS was “The Carol Burnett Show” network, a joking reference based on the program’s widespread popularity and huge ratings.  The Carol Burnett Show received 25 Emmy Awards and eight Golden Globes, making it one of the most honored shows in television history. TIME Magazine named The Carol Burnett Show one of the “100 Best Television Shows of all Time” and Carol Burnett has been honored with more People’s Choice Awards than any other actress.

On February 9, THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: TREASURES FROM THE VAULT releases from Time Life’s Lost Episodes DVD collections, with 15 complete and uncut episodes of The Carol Burnett Show. Presented in a 6-disc and single-disc collection, fans of both the series and classic television will have the opportunity to tune in and rediscover what made the program endure as one of the best hours in all of television history.

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

The 6-disc TREASURES FROM THE VAULT Collector’s Edition ($59.95srp) features 15 complete and uncut episodes from “The Carol Burnett Show,” as they originally aired on television, and includes: 

  • Classic sketches “The Old Folks,” “The Ham Actors,” “Carol and Sis,” “Alice Portnoy” and “As the Stomach Turns”; TV and movie parodies including “Valley of the Dollars,” “Bony and Clod,” “Guess What’s Coming to Dinner?,” the epic “Mildred Fierce” and  “Salute to Warner Bros. Studios, with Bugs Bunny”
  • Iconic guest stars including Jonathan Winters, Joan Rivers, Sonny & Cher, Paul Lynde, Art Carney, Betty Grable, Mickey Rooney and many others, along with surprise appearances by Bob Hope and Ronald Reagan! 
  • Over four hours of exclusive bonus programming featuring newly-shot interviews with Tony Bennett, Steve Carell, Kristin Chenoweth, Tina Fey, Burt Reynolds and others; hilarious bonus sketches, featurettes including “The Song and Dance: Crooners, Hoofers & Balladeers,” “Expecting the Unexpected,” and “The Making of a Mackie,” as well as never-before-seen outtakes 

The single DVD ($12.95srp) of TREASURES FROM THE VAULT, priced to add to every home entertainment collection, features three complete episodes and over 40 minutes of exclusive bonus features.

[Carol Burnett Lost Episodes Exclusive Clip – Carol and Sis]

THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: TREASURES FROM THE VAULT showcases not only Ms. Burnett’s signature style of comedy, it also is a nostalgic flash-to-the-past for those who lived during that time period. The episodes include popular songs, references to then-current shows, movies and commercials, to Ms. Burnett’s iconic characters. This collection offers hours of entertainment for the whole family.